Recipe Yield: 100
An all-time favorite!
- 4 (43 oz.) Pouches StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water, Low Sodium
- 15 lbs. (1/2 of 30 lb. case) frozen green peas
- 3 qts. milk
- 2 qts + 1 pt. wheat crackers, crushed
- 6 lbs. dry, enriched egg noodles
- 4 cans (49.5 oz.) cream of mushroom soup, reduced sodium
- 2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme (optional)
- 1 cup dry, minced onion
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Using spray release, prepare two full size (2 " deep) and one half size (2" deep) pan (for 50 servings) or five full size pans (2" deep) pans (for 100 servings).
- 2. Cook noodles according to package instructions, adding peas during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain noodles and peas.
- 3. Mix together tuna, soup, milk, garlic powder and minced onion in a large bowl.
- 4. Stir in drained noodles and peas; mix in thyme
- 5. Transfer mixture to prepared pans.
- 6. Bake 30 minutes or until just bubbling; divide cracker crumbs and top each pan.
- 7. Continue baking until crackers begin to brown and internal temperature of 165ºF is reached for 15 seconds.
- 8. Cover pans with foil. Hold casserole in warming cart. CCP: Hold above 135ºF
- 9. When serving, divide each full pan into 20 servings (5X4) and half pans into 10 equal sized servings. CCP: Hold above 135ºF
|Servings Per Container 100|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.