Hickory Smoked Enchiladas
What is an alTUNAtive?
Tuna is an incredibly versatile protein and can be swapped for other proteins. It works well in many of your favorite recipes and can be a great way to lower the fat and cholesterol and add those heart healthy omega-3's to your favorite recipes.
Tuna is also a great way to "mix it up" a bit! It's a nice way to jazz up your recipes and add some fun flavors to your favorite dishes.
We've shown you some examples of how the nutritional profiles* and flavors change with some of our favorite recipes. Now it's your turn! Share your favorite alTUNAtives with us – we love to see your creativity!
Complete Nutritional Information
Serving Size 1 enchilada (208g)
Recipe based on comparison of tuna and 10% lean ground beef, pan browned.
Nutritional comparisons are done using the same recipe only with the tuna swapped for the alternate protein. No other changes to the recipes were made so the comparison would be as accurate as possible. All nutritional analyses are completed using Genesis SQL Version 9.7.2.
Recipe Yield: 8
Like no enchilada you’ve ever tasted! Tuna lowers the fat without sacrificing flavor.
- 4 (2.6 oz.) Pouches - Tuna Creations® Hickory Smoked
- 1 TBSP. canola oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 ½ cups canned Enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese (cheddar and jack blend)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Add corn, tomatoes and tuna and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave tortillas on high for 30 seconds to soften.
- Place 1 cup of enchilada sauce in bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Place ~ ½ cup of the tuna and corn mixture in the middle of each tortilla. Fold tortilla over filling and roll. Place all 8 in casserole dish, seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Cheese should be melted.
|Servings Per Container 8|
|Servings Size 1 enchilada|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.