Recipe Yield: 37
Kids (and adults!) will love this twist on a classic Tuna Mac 'N Cheese with a spicy kick from chipotle peppers and a southwestern seasoning blend! Recipe to make 100+ portions is in the downloadable pdf document!
- 1 pouch (43 oz.) StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 4 lb. 10 oz. elbow pasta, whole grain
- 1, 7oz. can Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
- 1, 106 oz. pouch cheese sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend, Mrs. Dash®
- ½ cup cilantro, fresh, chopped, EP
- Prepare pasta: Place 4-inch-deep full size perforated pan inside 4 inch deep solid, full size steamtable pan. Place 2 lbs. 5 oz. of pasta in each pan. Cover completely with water. Steam until pasta is al dente - fully cooked, but firm. Do not overcook.
- Note: If cooking in very large batches, the kettle or tilt skillet may speed production. CCP: Heat to 135° F or higher.
- While pasta is cooking, remove chipotle peppers from can and finely chop. Set aside peppers and adobo sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, cheese sauce, and undrained tuna. Gently mix until all combined.
- Add cooked pasta.
- Pour into 2-inch-deep steamtable pans and bake at 350° F. for 5-8 minutes or until proper internal temperature is reached. (Note: It will take 2 pans for 37 servings and 6 pans for 111 servings.) Using a no. 8 disher, serve 3 scoops for 1 ½ c serving.
- CCP: Heat to 135° F or higher. CCP: Hold for hot service at 135° F or higher.
- Rinse cilantro under running water. Drain well, and then chop into small pieces. Just prior to serving, top each pan with ¼ c chopped cilantro.
|Servings Per Container 37|
|Servings Size 1-1/2 cups|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.