“StarKist® Kid’s Creations™ Vacation” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Timing: The “StarKist® Kid’s Creations™ Vacation” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on October 10, 2015, at 9:00a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2015, at 11:59p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s (as defined herein) computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees of StarKist Co., Funjet Vacations, ABC, Inc. d/b/a Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures and any of their affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, in-laws, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and by the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.starkist.com/InsideOut or www.facebook.com/starkist and look for the Inside Out Sweepstakes tab. From there follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form by providing your first and last name, email address, telephone number, age, confirming you have read the rules, and indicating whether or not you would like to receive offers from StarKist, Funjet Vacations or The Walt Disney Company. Your decision to receive such offers is optional and does not affect your chance of winning; you receive no Sweepstakes benefit from opting in to receive such offers. Once you complete these steps, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per person. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries and that participant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of participant and voiding of all of participant’s entries. In the event of a dispute as to email address or Facebook account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register at Facebook.com or for such email address will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address or the email address used to register at Facebook.com. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Winner Selection and Notification: On or around January 4, 2016, Administrator (as defined herein) will randomly select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner and nineteen (19) potential First Prize winners from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will take place at Administrator’s headquarters as set forth below. Winners need not be present. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winners will be notified by email or telephone on or about the date of the drawing. Except where prohibited, potential winner may be required to sign and return to the Sponsor/Administrator, within ten (10) days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days of the first attempt to contact him/her or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize, and an alternate participant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Prize(s) will be awarded approximately four (4) weeks after winner verification provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received.
- Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive (a) a trip for four (4) to San Francisco, CA; and (b) one (1) digital copy of the DVD for Inside Out. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for four (4) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to San Francisco, CA; four (4) nights’ accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); and ground transportation to and from airport and hotel. Winner will be required to coordinate with Funjet Vacations, the Grand Prize supplier, for prize fulfillment and redemption. Winner must complete the trip on dates mutually agreed upon with Sponsor between February 1, 2016 and February 28, 2017, or prize will be forfeited. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, travel companions must be eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel companions must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize is $4019.99. NINETEEN (19) FIRST PRIZES: Nineteen (19) First Prize winners will each receive one (1) digital copy of the DVD for Inside Out. ARV of each First Prize: $19.99. Total ARV of All Prizes: $4,399.80. For All Prizes: No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules in order to claim a prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor is not responsible for problems with the submissions, including, but not limited to, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Sweepstakes, and select the winner(s) from the eligible entries received prior to the modification, suspension, or cancellation. Sponsor agrees to take such action in a fair and appropriate manner. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any other participant’s submission or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitation of Liability: BY RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ABC, Inc. d/b/a Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, FACEBOOK, INC. AND ANY PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OF EACH OF THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILIATE AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND ARISING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (c) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Sweepstakes submissions, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (d), late, lost, undeliverable, or damaged mail; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. Each winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Sweepstakes including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. If for any reason a participant’s submission is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another submission and thereby another entry into the Sweepstakes. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Sponsor: StarKist Co. 225 North Shore Drive, Suite 400, Pittsburgh, PA 15212.
- Administrator: quench 1006 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
- Winners’ List: For the names of the persons receiving prizes in the Sweepstakes, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “StarKist® Kid’s Creations™ Vacation” Sweepstakes, Attn: quench, 1006 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101. Requests must be received by March 31, 2016.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Information is being provided to Sponsor and Administrator, not Facebook.