STARKIST COMPANY 2015 “WIN A MAJOR LEAGUE CONTRACT” PROMOTION RULES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. No Tuna or Pirates Ticket Purchase Necessary. The StarKist “Win a Major League Contract” Promotion (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, immediate families of employees of StarKist® Company, its affiliates, StarKist advertising agency, the Pittsburgh Pirates®, the other MLB Entities, subsidiaries, employees and the immediate families of employees of advertising and promotion agencies, the Pittsburgh Pirates® and the other MLB Entities, wholesale distributors, and retail licensees are ineligible. This Promotion is subject to federal, state and local regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Promotion begins at 6:00:00 a.m.. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on 7/23/15 and ends at 11:59:00 p.m. EST on 8/23/15. (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeping device for this Promotion.
3. To Enter the Promotion: To enter the Promotion, obtain an “Enter to Win” form at a Pittsburgh Pirates game during the Promotion Period. Complete all of the requested information on the entry form and deposit in the Charlie® entry boxes that are located throughout the PNC Park concourse. You must enter your name and contact information for a chance to win a prize (an “Entry”). Once you complete these steps, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Promotion. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, registrations, or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries and that participant will be disqualified. No other forms of entry are valid. Limit one (1) Entry per person.
4. One (1) Grand Prize: An Honorary “Major League” Contract. On or after August 24, 2015, StarKist Co. and the Pittsburgh Pirates will randomly draw one (1) potential Winner (the “Potential Winner”) to win an Honorary “Major League” Contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Prize package for the Honorary Major League Contract includes a number of events intended to take place before the September 16, 2015 Pirates home game, such as: A contract signing session with Pirates Executives in one of the Pirates PR rooms, $3,000 signing bonus / salary paid with an authentic Pittsburgh Pirates check (logoed), an authentic, personalized jersey, a behind the scenes look at the Pirates locker room (date and time to be determined by the Pirates), the opportunity to watch batting practice from a restricted on-field area (as determined by the Pirates), the opportunity for the Winner to throw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to the game, and four (4) tickets to the Lexus Club for the Winner and three (3) guests (game to be selected by Sponsor and Pittsburgh Pirates in their sole discretion). Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize: $4,000 USD. Grand prize winner must be available September 16, 2015. If unavailable, he or she forfeits entire grand prize and a new winner will be randomly selected as the new grand prize winner until a confirmed winner is found. Winner must claim the prize at PNC Park on September 15, 2015. Winner must present valid form of government issued photo ID which includes date of birth to collect prize. Winner will also be required to complete and sign necessary paperwork at time of pickup. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules in order to claim a prize.
5. Winner Notification and Prize Conditions: Potential Winner will be notified by StarKist using telephone number and/or email provided within five (5) business days of winning. After verification of the eligibility of Potential Winner, Winner’s name will be announced by Pittsburgh Pirates. No accommodations for delivery will be made. Exact nature and duration of activities surrounding the grand prize shall be determined by Sponsor and the Pittsburgh Pirates in their sole and absolute discretion. Seat locations at the game shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor and Pittsburgh Pirates. Winner’s ticket companions must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the Pittsburgh Pirates, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of the prize may govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark regulations in connection with the prize. Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities (as hereinafter defined) reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Sponsor and MLB Entities will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold or offered for resale. Any such resale may result in disqualification and Prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game ticket(s).
6. Publicity: Registering for this Promotion constitutes permission to use winner’s name, voice, biographical information and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval as permitted by law. Registering for this Promotion constitutes acceptance of all Promotion rules.
7. General Conditions: Neither the Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered entries. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Promotion or the entry form, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate the entry form, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither the Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by entry form users tampering of the equipment associated with or used in this Promotion, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, theft or destruction or unauthorized access of the entry form. Neither the Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s entry form related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or traveling to or from or participating in any Prize-related actvitiy. Should any portion of Promotion be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by theft, destruction, or unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion, or submission of Entries, then all such compromised entries shall immediately be deemed null and void. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason, to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion, and randomly select winners from valid entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor.
8. Release: Registering for this Promotion, winner agrees to release and hold StarKist Company, Inc., the MLB Entities and each of their respective affiliates and subsidiaries (including the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball club) harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize, and/or participation in this Promotion, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage. By participating in this Promotion, participant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules of this Promotion. StarKist Company reserves the right to amend the Promotion rules at any time without notice. The “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P., Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities.
9. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
10. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Promotion is StarKist Company, 225 North Shore Drive, Suite 400, Pittsburgh, PA 15212.
12. Winners’ List: For the names of the persons receiving prizes in the Promotion, visit StarKist.com/MajorLeagueContract between October 1, 2015, and November 30, 2015.
©2015 StarKist Co. All Rights Reserved.
This Promotion is not Sponsored, produced or executed by any of the MLB Entities.
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.