Recipe Yield: 20 servings
- 1 pouch (43 oz.) StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 20 whole grain, 6x6 flatbread
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 5 oz. raw, diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb., 4 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Thaw the flatbread overnight at room temperature.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, and spray with pan release.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, prepare the brine by stirring together the sugar, white vinegar and water until the sugar dissolves. Cover and set aside.
- Rinse the onions under running water. Drain well in a colander.
- Cut the onions in half, then dice them into ½-inch pieces.
- Mix the onions into the brine. To marinate, cover and refrigerate until needed. This may be prepared a day in advance.
- Rinse the cilantro under running water, and drain it in a colander. Further dry it with paper towel.
- Cut away the thick stems of the cilantro bunch, then finely chop. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, rice vinegar, honey, cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add the tuna, and using fresh gloves, crumble it into small pieces. Mix gently until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Place 8 flatbreads on a full-size sheet pan. Top each flatbread with 2 oz. of the tuna mixture; spread it to cover the top of the flatbread. Top with 1 oz. of the cheese.
- Bake at 400° F for 7–8 minutes. Remove the flatbreads from the oven, and top with 1 Tbsp. of the drained pickled onion. Sprinkle ~½ tsp. of chopped cilantro on top of each flatbread to garnish.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.