Recipe Yield: 112
- 10 lbs. 12 oz. (4, 43 oz. pouches) StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- ¼ cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 cups Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 quart apple juice
- 28 lbs. Romaine lettuce, shredded, EP
- 9 lb. 5oz. cherry tomatoes
- 19 lb., 12 oz. red cabbage, thinly sliced, EP
- 1 quart + 1 cup onions, green, tops and bulbs
- 7 lb. mozzarella cheese, light, shredded
- 3 lb. 2 oz. Chow Mein noodles, crispy, purchased
- Wash cilantro and dry with a clean paper towel. Chop fine using a chef’s knife on a cutting board. Measure required amount.
- Combine BBQ sauce, soy sauce, apple juice & cilantro in a non-reactive bowl and whisk to blend. Add the tuna and mix gently to avoid breaking the chunks of tuna. Store in the refrigerator until time to assemble salads. (CCP: Hold at 41°F or lower)
- Just before assembly, gently stir to distribute marinade throughout the mixture being careful not to break the tuna chunks.
- Weigh required amount of precut romaine lettuce. Rinse under running water and drain well. (CCP: Hold at 41°F or lower)
- Wash cherry tomatoes and drain in a colander. Cut tomatoes in half crosswise. (CCP: Hold at 41°F or lower)
- Wash cabbage and drain in a colander. Cut into thin shreds with a chef’s knife on a cutting board.
- Wash onions and drain. Slice thinly using both the bulbs and green tops.
- Assemble each salad into an 8-inch clear hinged salad container as follows:
- Fill each container with 3 cups chopped romaine
- Top with ¼ cup sliced red cabbage, 6 cherry tomato halves, 2 oz. marinated tuna (#16 scoop), 1 oz. cheese (2 oz. spoodle or ¼ cup measure), ½ oz. (¼ cup) Chow Mein Noodles, 1 Tbsp. sliced green onions.
- Cover salad container with the lid. Offer dressing on the side. (CCP: Hold at 41°F or lower)
|Servings Per Container|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.