Recipe Yield: 20
Tuna and Pasta Salad in a convenient to go cup
- 1, 43 oz. pouch StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 2 lbs. 8 oz. penne, whole grain
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 14 oz. (2qts + 2 cups) lettuce, romaine, EP
- 1 lb. 13 oz. (1 qt + 2 cups) cucumber, with peel, raw, EP
- 1 lb. 10 oz. (1 qt. + 2 cups) bell pepper, raw, red, EP
- 1 qt. + 1 cup Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 3 cups lemon juice
- 3 cups Greek yogurt, non-fat
- 1 pt. honey
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 qt. + 1 pt. vegetable oil
- Prepare pasta: Place 4 inch deep full size perforated pan inside 4 inch deep solid, full size steamtable pan. Weigh pasta and add to pan. Cover completely with water. Steam until pasta is al dente - fully cooked, but firm. Do not overcook.
- Rinse with cold water and drain well. Toss with vegetable oil to prevent sticking. Best if made the day before. CCP: Hold for cold service at 41° F or lower. CCP: No bare hand contact with ready to eat food.
- Shred lettuce. Cut romaine head in half lengthwise through root end of lettuce. Rinse both halves thoroughly and drain well in a perforated pan/colander. Make 1 lengthwise cut leaving each root half intact, and then cut across to make ¼” strips. Set aside
- CCP: Hold at 41° F or lower.
- Weigh, and then rinse cucumbers and red bell peppers under running water. Drain well in a perforated pan/colander. Dice cucumbers and bell peppers into ½” pieces. CCP: Hold at 41° F or lower.
- Prepare Dressing: Whisk together lemon juice, yogurt, honey, Dijon mustard, and salt. While continuously whisking, slowly add the vegetable oil. An immersion blender may be used instead of a whisk.
- Fill gallon container with dressing and insert condiment pump. Dispense ¼ cup (2 fl oz.) into 2 oz. portion cups. Cover each cup with lid. CCP: Hold for cold service at 41° F or lower.
- To assemble cups:
- - Place undrained tuna in pan. Crumble into smaller pieces using fresh gloved hand.
- - Layer ingredients in a 20 oz shaker salad cup in the following order:
- - 1 c penne pasta
- - ¼ c cucumber
- - ¼ c red bell pepper
- - 2 oz tuna (packed #16 disher)
- - ½ c romaine
- Place the 4 oz insert over the salad. Place the filled 2 oz dressing cup on top of the 4 oz insert, and then cover with domed lid. CCP: Hold for cold service at 41° F or lower.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.