Recipe Yield: 10
Liven up your next party with these fun pops! Kids and adults will love them.
- Tuna Mixture: 2 (2.6 oz.) Pouches - Tuna Creations® Hickory Smoked
- Tuna Mixture: 1 egg, beaten
- Tuna Mixture: 2 Tbsp. medium-grain cornmeal
- Tuna Mixture: 1Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Tuna Mixture: 2 Tbsp. Colby-Jack cheese, finely shredded + 1⁄2 cup cheese
- Breading: 1⁄4 cup medium-grain cornmeal
- Breading: 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- Breading: 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Peanut oil
- Short bamboo skewers
- Break tuna up in a medium bowl. Mix in egg, 2 Tbsp. cornmeal, 1 Tbsp. flour, and 2Tbsp. cheese and mix together well. Mixture will be slightly “wet.”
- Place remaining cornmeal, flour and cayenne pepper on a plate and mix well. On a second plate put remaining 1⁄2 cup cheese.
- Make balls out of ~1 – 2 Tbsp. of the tuna mixture and roll in the cornmeal mixture.
- Place about 1 inch of oil in a heavy-bottom sauté pan and heat over medium-high heat. Once sizzling hot, gently place tuna balls in the oil and cook for about 1 – 1-1/2 minutes, turning to brown all sides.
- When brown, remove from hot oil carefully and roll in cheese to coat the tuna ball. When cooled enough to touch, place a skewer in one end of the ball (don’t go all the way through) and arrange on a plate or dish.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.