- print render($content["field_preptime"]); ?>
Recipe Yield: 20
- 1 pouch, 43 oz. StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 10 pita pockets, whole grain
- 7 oz. lettuce, romaine, EP
- 1/3 cup celery, small dice, EP
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, plain
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper Seasoning, Salt Free
- ¼ cup parsley, fresh, finely chopped, EP
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Thaw pita pocket at room temperature overnight. Proper thawing will aid in handling the product without breaking and cracking. CCP: No bare hand contact with ready to eat food.
- Shred lettuce. Cut romaine head in half lengthwise through root end of lettuce. Rinse both halves thoroughly.
- Make 1 lengthwise cut leaving each root half intact, then cut across to make ¼” strips. Rinse cut romaine under running water and drain well. Salad spinner recommended. Set aside. CCP: Hold at 41° F or lower.
- Rinse celery under running water or use pre-cut that does not require washing prior to use. Dice celery into small ¼” pieces. CCP: Hold at 41° F or lower
- Combine Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon pepper seasoning, celery, parsley, and pepper in a large bowl. Add undrained tuna and using fresh gloves, crumble into small pieces. Mix gently until all ingredients are combined. CCP: Hold at 41° F or lower.
- Cut pita rounds in half. To assemble pita, place ¼ c romaine lettuce into pita pocket. Using a #16 disher, add ¼ c tuna mixture into center of pocket. Serve 1 pocket immediately. Avoid holding for long periods of time to prevent pita from becoming soggy.
|Servings Per Container: 20|
|Servings Size: 1 sandwich (1/2 pita)|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.