Recipe Yield: 24
Get your veggies on with this healthy casserole!
- 1 (43 oz.) Pouch - StarKist® Albacore White Tuna in Water, Low Sodium
- 8 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 package (3 lb.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 small packages (9 oz.) frozen artichokes, thawed and drained or 4, 15 oz. cans, Artichoke quarters, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cups diced sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 6 cups skim milk
- 1 cup grated Swiss Cheese plus 1⁄4 cup
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- ground black or white pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 2 – inch deep full size hotel pan with cooking spray.
- Mix tuna, rice, spinach and artichokes together in large bowl.
- Heat canola oil in medium non-stick frying pan. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is just soft. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add to tuna and rice mixture.
- In same frying pan, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook on low heat for a minute. Gradually whisk in milk and stir until thickened. Whisk in cheese and stir until melted. Add nutmeg and pepper and mix well.
- Stir milk mixture into tuna mixture and combine well. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and broil until cheese browns.
|Servings Per Container: 24|
|Servings Size: about 1 - 1/2 cups|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.