Recipe Yield: 20
- 1, 43 oz. pouch StarKist ® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 10 large eggs
- 1 lb. 10 oz. lettuce, romaine, EP
- 1 lb. 13 oz. cucumber, with peel, raw, EP
- 2 lbs. cherry tomatoes
- 1 qt + 1 cup Ranch dressing
- Prepare hard-boiled eggs by placing eggs in a 2 or 4 inch deep perforated pan. Place eggs in steamer and cook for 12 to 14 minutes. Egg white and yolks should be firm and solid.
- Rinse eggs under cold running water and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 to 3 hours to completely cool. Eggs may be prepared a day in advance.
- Remove eggshells, rinse under running water, and dice. As an option, purchased hard-boiled eggs may be used. CCP: Cool to 70° F within 2 hours and from 70° F to 41° F within an additional 4 hours. CCP: Hold for cold service at 41° F or lower.
- Shred lettuce. Cut romaine head in half lengthwise through root end of lettuce. Rinse both halves thoroughly and drain well in a perforated pan/colander. Make 1 lengthwise cut leaving each root half intact and then cut across to make ¼” strips. Set aside.
- CCP: Hold at 41° F or lower.
- Weigh and then rinse cucumbers and cherry tomatoes under running water. Drain well in a perforated pan/colander.
- Dice cucumbers into ½” pieces. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. CCP: Hold at 41° F or lower.
- Prepare the dressing according to the recipe or use pre-made ranch. Fill gallon container with dressing. Insert condiment pump and place ¼ c (2 fluid ounces) of dressing into 2 oz. portion cups and cover with lid.
- CCP: Hold for cold service at 41° F or lower.
- Prior to assembly, place undrained tuna in pan. Crumble into smaller pieces using fresh gloved hand.
- Layer ingredients in a 20 oz. shaker salad cup in the following order:
- - ¼ c cucumber
- - ¼ c halved cherry tomatoes
- - 2 oz tuna (packed #16 disher)
- - ½ hard-boiled egg (about 2 Tbsp)
- - 1 c romaine
- Place the 4 oz. insert over the salad. Place the filled 2 oz. dressing cup on top of the 4 oz. insert, and then cover with domed lid. Serve with 2 oz. eq grain of choice. CCP: Hold for cold service at 41° F or lower.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.