Recipe Yield: 100
Kids and teenagers and adults will love this filling and slightly spicy updated rice bowl. Featuring Low Sodium Tuna, black beans, corn in an enchilada sauce over brown rice, this updated Southwestern classic is delicious and filling!
- 10 lb 12 oz (4, 43 oz. pouches) StarKist®, Chunk Light Tuna In Water, Low Sodium
- 3, No. 10 cans, Whole kernel corn, canned, low sodium, drained
- 4, No. 10 cans, Black (turtle) beans, canned, sodium, rinsed and drained
- 2, No. 10 cans Enchilada sauce
- 10 cups Red onion, fresh, diced, RTU
- 7 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 4 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. Cumin
- 3 lb. Monterey jack cheese, finely shredded
- 50 cups Cooked Brown Rice
- Sour Cream and Guacamole (optional accompaniment)
- Salsa (optional condiment)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Using spray release, prepare two four full size pans (2" deep) pans (for 100 serving).
- Mix together tuna, corn, beans, onion, enchilada sauce, chili powder and cumin.
- Divide tuna mixture evenly among pans.
- Divide cheese evenly among pans and spread on top of tuna mixture
- Cover pans with foil. Bake for 1 hour or until internal temperature of 165ºF is reached for 15 seconds.
- Hold casserole in warming cart. CCP: Hold above 135ºF.
- When serving, divide each full pan into 25 servings (5X5) equal sized servings. CCP: Hold above 135ºF.
- Serve over ½ cup rice.
- Offer accompaniments and salsa as desired
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.