Recipe Yield: 100
- 25 lb. (8 – ⅓, 48 oz. pouches) StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 2.5 qts. chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 5 cups chopped red grapes
- 3.25 qts. mayonnaise
- 16 lbs. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 100 pieces 6-Inch Baguette split in half
- 20 avocados, sliced into 10 slices each
- 10 whole red onions, sliced into thin
- 2- ½ cups flour mixed with 1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 7 Tbsp. salt
- 1 – ½ gallons BBQ Sauce
- Preheat fryer to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix tuna, celery, onion, grapes and mayonnaise. Season with salt.
- Toss red onions with the Old Bay seasoned flour and shake off excess. Add to the fryer basket and fry until light golden brown and place on a large tray lined with a paper towel.
- Place baguette halves on a large tray and place a scoop of tuna salad on each baguette and spread out.
- Top each half with tuna with ~ 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake in oven until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove from oven and place 2 halves on a plate. Top with fried red onions and a drizzle of barbeque sauce. Garnish with 2 avocado slices.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
|Includes Added Sugars|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.