Tuna Sliders Vs. Beef Sliders
What is an alTUNAtive?
Tuna is an incredibly versatile protein and can be swapped for other proteins. It works well in many of your favorite recipes and can be a great way to lower the fat and cholesterol and add those heart healthy omega-3's to your favorite recipes.
Tuna is also a great way to "mix it up" a bit! It's a nice way to jazz up your recipes and add some fun flavors to your favorite dishes.
We've shown you some examples of how the nutritional profiles* and flavors change with some of our favorite recipes. Now it's your turn! Share your favorite alTUNAtives with us — we love to see your creativity!
Complete Nutritional Information
Recipe based on comparison of tuna and 10% lean ground beef, pan browned.
Nutritional comparisons are done using the same recipe only with the tuna swapped for the alternate protein. No other changes to the recipes were made so the comparison would be as accurate as possible. All nutritional analyses are completed using Genesis SQL Version 9.7.2.
Recipe Yield: 100
- 4 (43 oz.) Pouches - StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water, Reduced Sodium
- 1 gallon bread crumbs, divided
- 4 lb. shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- 3 qt. light mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 3 cups chopped scallions
- 4, 7 oz. cans chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce, chopped
- 200 Mini hamburger buns, whole grain-rich,1 ounce each, sliced
- Lettuce and tomato for garnish (optional)
- Guacamole and cilantro (optional)
- 1. Preheat convection oven to 400ºF (conventional oven to 425ºF).
- 2. Combine tuna, ½ bread crumbs, cheese and scallions in a large bowl. Reserve remaining ½ of bread crumbs.
- 3. Mix mayonnaise and peppers in a mid-size bowl; Add mayonnaise mixture to tuna mixture.
- 4. Form into patties – portion using a No. 16 scoop; Coat each side of patties with reserved bread crumbs.
- 5. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray; place patties on baking sheets.
- 6. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes; turn patties over and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until patties reach an internal temperature of 165ºF for 15 seconds.
- 7. If prepared for immediate service, warm hamburger buns.
- 8. Place one tuna patty between each bun; Place sliders in 12” x 20” x 2/1/2 baking or steam table pans. If sliders are to be held in warming unit, cover pans with foil. CCP: Hold above 135ºF
- Top with a slice of avocado and a little chopped cilantro if desired.
- 9. Offer optional accompaniments and garnishes as desired.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.