Recipe Yield: 20 servings (4 each)
- 1 pouch (43 oz.) StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 2 lb., 4 oz. uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup vinegar (apple cider or rice)
- 3/8 cup + 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 oz. raw cucumber (with peel)
- 5 oz. red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 14 oz. fresh avocados
- Prepare the brown rice according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Add the vinegar and 3/8 cup of soy sauce, stirring to combine. Allow to cool completely. The rice may be prepared a day in advance.
- Rinse the cucumber under running water. Drain well in a colander.
- Dice the cucumber into ¼-inch pieces. Place in a bowl or container.
- Rinse the onions under running water. Drain well in a colander.
- Dice the onions into ¼-inch pieces. Add to the cucumbers, and mix to combine.
- Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, Sriracha and 2 tsp. soy sauce in a large bowl. Add the tuna, and using fresh gloves, crumble it into small pieces. Mix gently until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Weigh and wash the avocados. Cut them in half, and remove the seeds. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and then mash it. Add the lemon juice, and mix to combine.
- Place 2 Tbsp. of the rice on lined sheet pans (or on a serving platter), and press down to make a flat surface (using a freshly gloved hand, press the rice to compact). Spread 1 tsp. of the mashed avocado on top. Place 1 Tbsp. of the tuna mixture on to
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.