Recipe Yield: 100
- 13 lb. 7 oz. (5, 43 oz. pouches) StarKist Albacore Tuna in Water
- 1 qt. + 1 cup Dressing, Asian Sesame with Ginger and Soy, Lite
- 1- ½ gallon + 1 cup mandarin oranges
- 5 lbs. 5 oz. shredded carrots
- 8 lbs. 7 oz. roasted red peppers, diced
- 25 lbs. chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1-1/2 gallon + 1 cup Dressing, Asian Sesame with Ginger and Soy, Lite
- 20 cups wonton chips
- Avocados for garnish
- 1. Combine tuna and dressing in a non-reactive bowl and mix gently to avoid breaking the chunks of tuna. Store in the refrigerator until time to assemble salads. CCP: Hold at 41°F or below.
- 2. Weigh required amount of precut romaine lettuce. Purchased, precut, pre-washed romaine does not require rinsing.
- 3. For head lettuce, remove the stem end of the romaine head using a chef's knife. Make lengthwise cuts, then turn head ¼ turn and cut across to make 1 to 2 inch dices. Note: 7 lb 8 oz As Purchased (AP) yields approximately 5 lb edible portion (EP) chopp
- 4. Rinse cut romaine under running water and drain well. (Recommend using a commercial salad spinner for best results at thorough draining).
- 5. Weigh required amount of pre-cut shredded carrots.
- 6. Wash peppers and drain in a colander. Cut into medium dice with a chef’s knife on a cutting board. Note: 2 lb 1 oz peppers AP yields approximately 1 lb 11 oz of diced peppers.
- 7. Drain canned Mandarin orange sections.
- 8. Fill gallon container with dressing. Insert condiment pump and fill 2 oz portion cups with 1/4 cup (2 fluid oz) of dressing. Cover each cup with lid. Dressing may be prepared in advance
- • Assemble each salad into an 8-inch clear hinged salad container as follows:
|Servings Per Container|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.