Recipe Yield: 8
A perfect dish for a spring brunch. Serve with fresh fruit.
- 2 (4.5 oz.) Cans - StarKist Selects® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 1 refrigerated or frozen pie crust for a 9-inch pie
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallions, white and green parts
- 4 oz. sliced white mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 eggs
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 6 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place pie crust in 9-inch pie plate. Line with foil and pie weights or dried soup beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and weights and bake an additional 5 minutes. Cool crust, in pie plate, on wire rack.
- Cook mushrooms and scallions in olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until softened.
- Mix eggs, cream and milk together in a separate bowl.
- Break apart tuna and spread over the bottom of crust, covering well. Top tuna with mushrooms, scallions and cheese.
- Pour egg and cream mixture over tuna and mushroom mixture, being careful to not overfill the crust. (You may have a little of the liquid left over.) Make sure cheese is spread evenly throughout the pie. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 425°F for approximately 40 minutes, until the center no longer wiggles.
- Serve warm or chilled.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.