Recipe Yield: 2
Looking for some comforting food tonight? Cozy up with this heartwarming dish!
- 2 pouches (2.6 oz.) StarKist® Gourmet Selects® Mediterranean Style Tuna
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, washed
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place squash in microwave for 1 minute on full power. Once done allow to sit in microwave for 1 minute. (This softens the squash just enough to make it easy to cut)
- Cut squash in half and scrape out seeds. Place cut side down in a rimmed baking sheet or 9 x 13 pan with ¼ to ½ cup water. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until fork tender
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium sauté pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until just tender.
- Remove squash from oven and cool for a minute. Then scape the pasta like strands into the sauté pan with the onion and garlic. Add tuna, basil and 2 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese and mix together.
- Place tuna and squash mixture back in the squash halves and top with 1 Tbsp. of cheese over each half and bake for another 2 – 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.