Recipe Yield: 4
A healthy dinner that is ready in 30 minutes!
- 2 (2.6 oz.) Pouches - Low Sodium White Albacore Tuna in Water
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup lentils, uncooked
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook lentils in water for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet. Sauté garlic, onion and carrot 2 – 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and cook until vegetables are just soft.
- Place brown rice in a bowl and mix in lentils, sautéed vegetables and tuna. Stir in parsley, thyme and black pepper to taste.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.