Recipe Yield: 20
- 1, 43 oz. pouch StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 20, 8-ich tortillas, whole grain
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup distilled vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 10 oz. red onion, raw, EP
- 8 oz. carrots, raw, shredded
- 7 oz. Romaine, shredded, EP added
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, plain
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 oz. (¼ cup+2 Tbsp.) Sriracha
- 2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Thaw tortillas at room temperature overnight. Proper thawing will aid in handling the product without breaking and cracking.
- In a large bowl, prepare the brine by stirring together the sugar, vinegar and water until the sugar dissolves. Cover and set aside. CCP: No bare hand contact with ready to eat foods.
- Rinse onions under running water. Cut in half and then into very thin strips.
- Mix the carrots and onions into the brine. To marinate, cover and hold in the refrigerator until service. This may be prepared a day in advance. CCP: Hold at 41° F or lower.
- Shred lettuce. Cut romaine head in half lengthwise through root end of lettuce. Rinse both halves thoroughly. Make 1 lengthwise cut leaving each root half intact, and then cut across to make ¼” strips.
- Rinse cut romaine under running water and drain well. Salad spinner recommended. Set aside. CCP: Hold at 41° F or lower.
- Combine Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Sriracha®, soy sauce, and cayenne in large mixing bowl.
- Add undrained tuna and using fresh gloves crumble into small pieces. Gently mix until all ingredients are combined. CCP: Hold and serve at 41° F or lower.
- To assemble wrap, place 2 oz. tuna salad using a packed no. 16 disher onto center of tortilla. Top each wrap with ¼ c of drained onion and carrot mixture and ¼ c shredded romaine.
- Tightly roll each tortilla like a burrito and cut diagonally in half. Present the cut sides facing outward towards customer. Serving size equals 1 whole wrap or two halves.
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.